We write, edit, and manage production of books, medical, scientific, and technical communications targeted for a wide range of readers. Parkinson Group clients include leading universities, foundations, and corporations.
Parkinson Group President, Gloria Parkinson, is co-writer with Dr. Jeffrey N. Katz of Heal Your Aching Back, winner of an honorable mention award in 2008 by the American Medical Writers Association. This was one of only two annual awards in the AMWA's consumer health book category. Gloria is currently developing book proposals with physicians for other medical topics of interest to the public.
Parkinson Group projects range from the launch and editorial management of commercial newsletters to research and writing of one-of-a kind publications. We can work with our customers' in-house editorial and design staff or can contract and manage graphic designers, illustrators, pre-press service providers and other design or production specialists, when needed as as part of our job scope.
Our services include:
- Working in close collaboration with subject-matter experts to research and write original books, special reports, and white papers
- Editing and production management of scientific conference proceedings for medical schools and private foundations
- Writing and editorial management of newsletters for both scientific and lay readers
- English language editing of scientific papers for submission to peer review journals by researchers whose primary language is other than English
- Writing of web content for publication on medical, scientific, and commercial sites
We build all our projects upon a clear mutual understanding of
- Project scope and deliverables
- Intended audience
- Available source documents and experts
- Agreed schedule of customer review milestones